The Nick Baldwin Collection is a fantastic resource for exploring the past, present and future of road transport.
It aims to:
- Help develop knowledge and understanding about road transport in the past
- Provide opportunities to develop new skills and improve existing skills
- Provide opportunities for you and your pupils to explore attitudes and values emerging from the development and use road transport
- Encourage enjoyment, inspiration and creativity
- Encourage further exploration of issues and interests
We provide you with:
- Online activities to use in class
- Downloadable activity sheets with a variety of’ 'make and do’ activity ideas
- Gallery of downloadable high resolution images relating to road transport
- Advice on planning a class visit to Heritage Motor Centre
- ICT activity suggestions
- Links to National Curriculum and QCA schemes of work
Although we have made links to the National Curriculum and QCA schemes of work, the activities and resources can be used with a variety of ages and skills. You will find ideas in the Activity Bay and further activity ideas and ICT links in ICT-activities.
If you are working with KS3 and above, community groups or adult learners visit the Activity Bay for some suggestions about using the Nick Baldwin Collection in creative and engaging ways.